Professional Tax Preparer Certification (DL)
100 Hours / 6 Months / Mentor Supported
The personal income tax preparation course teaches you how to become a tax preparation specialist equipped to prepare both state and federal income tax filings for individuals and businesses.
It also teaches you the current tax guidelines needed to prepare tax filings, plus it provides an overview of the documents, statements and other necessary filing materials.
Establishing the Tax Foundation covers the process of completing page one of the 1040 Form. This includes a complete discussion of the various forms of taxable and non-taxable income along with the income adjustments required to calculate the adjusted gross income, or AGI.
Becoming the 1040 Expert includes training on the remainder of the 1040 Form and describes the meaning of various lines on page two. The student also learns how to calculate itemized deductions, tax credits, and additional taxes. Upon completion of Modules 1 and 2, the student will be proficient in preparing personal tax returns.
Profitable Business Returns covers tax preparation in the field of business returns. This includes Schedule C for Proprietorships, Form 1065 for Partnerships, Form 1120 for C Corporations, and Form 1120S for S Corporations. It teaches how to differentiate between the forms and how to become an expert in the field of business tax returns.
Building Your Successful Tax Practice will prepare you to start your own contract tax preparation service. You will learn what equipment and software is needed, effective and inexpensive marketing techniques, competitive pricing strategies, and key tactics that will maximize your potential for success.
All necessary materials are included.
Internet Connectivity Requirements:
- Cable and DSL internet connections are recommended.
- Minimum Pentium 400 Mhz CPU or G3 Macintosh. 1 GHz or greater CPU recommended.
- 256MB RAM minimum. 1 GB RAM recommended.
- 800x600 video resolution minimum. 1025x768 recommended.
- Speakers/Headphones to listen to Dialogue steaming audio sessions.
- A microphone to speak in Dialogue streaming audio sessions.
Operating System Requirements:
- Windows Vista, 7, 8, 8.1
- Mac OSX 10 or higher.
- OpenSUSE Linux 9.2 or higher.
Web Browser Requirements:
- Google Chrome is recommended.
- Firefox 13.x or greater.
- Internet Explorer 6.x or greater.
- Safari 3.2.2 or greater.
- Adobe Flash Player 6 or greater.
- Oracle Java 7 or greater.
- Adobe Reader 7 or greater.
Web Browser Settings:
- Accept Cookies<./li>
- Disable Pop-up Blocker.
**Outlines are subject to change, as courses and materials are updated.**